As we look forward to the spring and summer months coming up, I am excited about adding “HOUSE CONCERTS” (also known as “Living Room Concerts”) to my repertoire this year.
What is a House Concert?
It’s an invitation-only concert in someone’s home, presented by a host who does not profit from the event. Also, house concerts are usually…
• held indoors and on weekends
• attended by 20-50 people
• paid for by a $10-20 donation per guest
• known to include light snacks, beverages or a pot-luck dinner
• attended by the host’s friends, neighbors, co-workers, and maybe a few fans of the artist
• all ages welcome
• performed with little to no amplification
• very intimate – the audiences sit close and are attentive
• performed in two 40-minute sets with a 20 minute break
• booked with or without financial guarantees
Although house concerts will adhere to most of these traditions, you may not find any house concerts that run exactly according to the list above. Each house concert is a collaboration between me, a host/presenter, and our friends and supporters.
The music I will present can range from praise & worship, to songs from my current projects. Plus, I’ll be able to share new music I’m working on for my new CD – before it’s released!
If you are interested in hosting a House Concert please let me know by completing the Contact Form. I’ll get back to you and we’ll see what we can plan together!